Job Description: Administrative Coordinator / Registrar
Computer literate (word, excel and other Microsoft Office products) with the ability and willingness to learn; ability to understand and carry out complicated oral and written instructions; ability to work independently and as a member of a team; ability to spell correctly and to use good English; knowledge of office procedures and operation of office equipment; ability to create fliers, brochures, newsletters (experience with In Design helpful): ability to work with and coordinate office volunteers; ability to plan ahead; ability to process large volumes of work in an accurate and timely manner; knowledge of handling cash and its safekeeping; ability to work under pressure; and the ability to get along well with others.
Under general direction of the Executive Director, plan, coordinate, and implement office services and clerical tasks including, but not limited to, program support, registration, and trading post operations, supervision of volunteers other tasks as required.
- Answer telephone and direct incoming calls.
- Keep accurate records of phone calls and return calls in a timely manner.
- Write and/or produce letters, forms, fliers and other written materials independently or in accordance with written and/or oral direction.
- Process incoming checks as appropriate (deposit, record file).
- Prepare bills for advancement and miscellaneous items.
- Maintain donor records, prepare donor statements and acknowledgements.
- Open and disperse incoming mail. Organize and process bulk mailings.
- Maintain computer records and backup information.
- Maintain official mailing lists.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Monitor daily work flow and report foreseen problem area.
- Maintain a clean and organized office.
- Keep record of equipment maintenance, and service as necessary.
- Process all charter applications, membership registrations, Boys’ Life subscriptions, and advancement information.
- Enter new registrations, update registrations as needed and run duplicate name checks quarterly.
- Prepare and file advancements and reports and prepare other correspondence regarding units.
- Process special award applications.
- Prepare month end membership reports
- Prepare membership, top unit leader trained, Boys’ Life and advancement reports, as requested.
- Keep current and history files on all units and Council Scouters.
Trading Post Operation
- Sell items in the trading post inventory.
- Take and process orders for items not presently in inventory.
- Restock items as they are sold or depleted.
- Maintain record of year-end remaining inventory and annual sales and run reports as needed.
- Order recognition items and related supplies.
Coordination of office volunteers
- Identify and assign specific tasks.
- Give general orientation to related tasks.
- Give instruction on use and maintenance of office equipment.
- Train and assist as appropriate.
- Prepare reports for volunteers as needed/requested.
Full time (37.5 hrs/wk). Compensation $30-35,000, dependent on experience and qualifications; eligible for benefits (Health and Retirement).